1. BUG REPELLENT :: Put 1-2 drops of Peppermint in your shampoo, laundry detergent, or on a dryer sheet carried your pocket to help repel bugs. You can also put a drop on cotton balls and place around windows or other places in your home where bugs could get in.
2. MOUTH WASH :: Use a drop of Peppermint with a drop of Lemon or OnGuard for a healthy, refreshing mouth rinse.
3. SUN BURN SPRAY :: Put 2-3 drops Peppermint with 3-5 drops Lavender in a 2 oz. glass spray bottle and spray down after a day of too much sun.
4. MID-DAY PICK-ME-UP :: Drop 1 drop of Peppermint with 1 drop of Frankincense, Lemon, or Wild Orange in your palms, rub together, and take a few deep breaths instead of reaching for the Snickers. Also works better than coffee by itself in the morning!
5. BODY COOLER :: In the summer time, add 2-3 drops of Peppermint in a 2 oz. glass spray bottle and carry with you to the gym or anywhere you may sweat excessively. Whip it out and spray yourself down when you feel overheated. You can also rub a few drops into the soles of your feet and along your spine when you're not feeling well and your body is overheated.
6. RELIEVE STOMACH UPSET :: take 1-2 drops in a veggie capsule to alleviate occasional stomach upset.
7. SMOOTHIE REFRESHER :: add 1-2 drops to your favorite smoothie recipe for a refreshing twist.
8. PEPPERMINT BROWNIES :: need I say more? THIS Black Bean Peppermint Brownie recipe is BOMB and I always get rave reviews when I make it for parties. You can also just add 2-3 drops to regular ol brownie batter.
9. HEAD TENSION :: when you feel head tension coming on, drink a full glass of water with a drop of Peppermint and massage Peppermint into your temples (away from the eyes). Put a drop of OnGuard on the roof of your mouth, 1-2 drops of Frankincense on the crown of your head, and massage 1-2 drops of Lavender into your ear lobes for added benefit.
10. OPEN UP YOUR AIRWAYS :: having trouble breathing? Diffuse 2-4 drops of Peppermint or rub 1-2 drops between your palms and take a few deep belly breaths.
**NOTE: Peppermint is very potent, so less is more! A little goes a long way with this oil, so always start with just one drop and move on from there as needed. Also be sure to wash your hands thoroughly after using Peppermint before touching your face or eyes. If you ever happen to get Peppermint (or any other essential oil) in your eyes, wash them out with fractionated coconut oil, olive oil, or any other carrier oil. Water will only make it worse!
11. DEGREASER :: use a few drops of Lemon on a cloth to get rid of tough spots on your stove or bathtub, or any sticky residue anywhere. It also erases permanent marker on whiteboards (I was pleasantly surprised to learn during my teaching my career).
12. BODY DETOX :: lemon is a powerful detoxifier when taken internally. It helps cleanse and flush toxins from the organs, which gives you more natural energy throughout the day since those toxins aren't taxing your system anymore.
13. WATER FLAVORER :: add 1-2 drops to your water (in glass, aluminum, or stainless steel containers ONLY, no plastic!) for a healthy, detoxifying boost. It also tastes sweeter than lemon juice and is pH neutral (unlike lemon juice) because it's cold pressed from the rind of the fruit, so it won't affect tooth enammel.
14. SEASONAL SUPPORT :: Take 1-2 drops of lemon internally and/or diffused to help detox the body of seasonal threats and help you breathe easier.
15. WOOD POLISHER :: Lemon combined with olive oil makes a great wood and furniture polisher.
16. DUST WITH LEMON :: add a little bit of olive oil and lemon essential oil to a spray bottle and voila! You have an all natural dust mist that also cleans and deodorizes without the harsh chemicals.
17. LEATHER PRESERVER :: preserve and prevent leather from splitting with a lemon soaked cloth.
18. UPLIFT MOOD :: brighten and energize your mood by diffusing lemon essential oil in your favorite diffuser.
19. POLISH SILVER + METALS :: Lemon is great to use for the early stages of tarnish on silver and other metals.
20. ERADICATE GROSS SMELLS :: Diffuse lemon in your home to help get rid of any unwanted smells. You can also put a drop in the garbage disposal and in your trashcan before your refill it with a trash bag.
21. DECONGEST :: add a drop of Lemon with fractionated coconut oil to your chest if you or your little one is congested. Just be sure to NOT go out in the sun after apply to the skin. Citrus oils (as well as Lavender and a few others) are photosensitive, which means they make your skin for sensitive to sunlight.
22. SOOTHE SORE THROATS :: gargle with hot salt water, 2 drops of lemon, and 2-3 drops of OnGuard to help relieve sore throats.
23. FRUIT + VEGGIE CLEANER :: use a few drops of lemon in a 2 oz. spray bottle with water and spray your fruits and veggies from the supermarket to wash away germs and pesticides.
21. CALM BURNS :: Lavender is great to keep by the stove in case of accidental burns. Put a few drops on any type of burn to prevent blistering. It's amazing how well it works!
22. EASE SEASONAL THREATS :: Lavender is a natural antihistamine and helps calm your respiratory system during season changes.
23. SUN BURNS :: Add a few drops of lavender + peppermint to a 2 oz. spray bottle with water and spray your skin after a day in the sun without SPF.
24. SLEEP SUPPORT :: Massage a few drops of Lavender into the soles of your feet and diffuse in a diffuser by your bed for a restful night's sleep.
25. CHILL PILL :: Lavender helps calm the nervous system and ease stress. Put a few drops on your wrists to help ease feelings of nervousness.
26. MUSCLE ACHES :: 3-5 drops of Lavender can be taken internally in a veggie capsule to ease muscle + joint aches and pains naturally. Rub Lavender into your ear lobes when you feel head tension coming on.
27. BATH TIME :: add a few drops of Lavender to your Epsom salt bath for added relaxation.
28. LAVENDER SEA SALT CHOCOLATE :: Add 2-3 drops of lavender to dark chocolate fondue along with a little sea salt and dip strawberries, marshmallows, angel food cake, pine apple, pretzels, vanilla wafers, or any favorite treat.
29. CALM SKIN :: Soothe skin irritations with a couple drops of lavender oil + fractionated coconut oil.
30. SAVASANA :: If you're a yoga instructor like me, you can give your students chilled lavender towels at the end of your yoga classes for an added little treat in Savasana.
31. BODY SCRUB :: Mix up your own lavender sea salt scrub with fractionated coconut oil (or grapeseed oil) to exfoliate your skin in the shower with.
32. AFTERSHAVE :: use on your skin after shaving to soothe skin irritations.
33. THERAPEUTIC DISH + LAUNDRY SOAP :: add a few drops of lavender to your natural dish or laundry soap for added aromatherapy benefit and to make doing the chores a little more relaxing.
34. DRYER BALLS :: add 5-10 drops of lavender to a 4 oz. glass spray bottle of water and spray on your wool dryer balls instead of using dryer sheets that tend to cause allergies and skin irritations.
35. LINEN SPRAY :: use the same dryer ball spray (see above) as a natural linen spray for your sheets, mattress, and comforters.
BREATHE RESPIRATORY BLEND
36. BREATHE BETTER :: this blend helps open airways any time of the year.
37. START YOUR YOGA PRACTICE :: Breathe is one of my favorite blends to use with my yoga students at the very beginning of class when we begin with breath work. I put one drop of Breathe in their palms and instruct them to rub them together and take deep belly breaths with their palms cupped over their noses.
38. SLEEP BETTER :: this blend combined with Lavender in your diffuser makes for a great night's sleep.
39. GO FOR THAT PR! :: When swiped right under the nostrils, Breathe helps open the airways right before a run, helping you to breathe better and go for that PR!
40. A TRAVEL MUST :: Anytime you know you'll be confined to an airplane or any other tight spaces where the air is stagnate, take a few inhales of Breathe to calm nerves and get fresh oxygen to your lungs.
41. COLLEGE DORM FIX :: College dorm rooms and fraternity houses tend to have that stuck, stagnant, or sometimes even stinky air and energy about them. Diffuse Breathe in your dorm room to keep the energy light and fresh smelling without the harmful chemicals that run rampant in other products.
42. ANIMAL ISSUES :: Staying over at the inlaws' whose house is practicially a petting zoo? If you have sensitivities to pets, make sure to take Breathe with you to swipe under your nostrils and/or diffuse by your bed while staying with anyone who has pets!
43. A MOM/DAD NECESSITY :: Put one drop of Breathe on the pillow of any child who is having trouble breathing or feels congested. You can also rub a drop of Breathe on the soles of your child's feet to help open airways.
44. BOOST YOUR BRAIN :: Breathe contains Eucalyptus, which is known to help boost brain power. Rub a drop in your palms and take a few deep breaths in the middle of your work day or while working long hours on the computer to help stay focused and alert.
45. STOP SNORING :: If you or your sleeping partner have issues snoring, swipe a drop of Breathe under the nostrils and diffuse 3-6 drops in your diffuser by your bed to help deter snoring.
46. TRAVEL TOOL :: You never know what may come up when you're traveling, so be sure to take Breathe along with you in case you get a case of the sniffles while on the road!
MELALEUCA (TEA TREE OIL)
47. ZIT ZAPPER :: Dap a drop of Melaleuca on any skin blemishes to help kill bacteria and clear your complexion. Works great on problematic teenage skin without stripping the skin of necessary natural oils.
48. TOILET CLEANER :: Use with 1/2 Cup distilled white vinegar and 1/2 Cup baking soda to clean your toilet bowl. Flush the toilet, sprinkle the baking soda around the inside rim of the bowl so it sticks. Pour the vinegar over the baking soda and watch it foam up. Add 5-7 drops of Melaleuca and scrub the inside of your bowl. Flush and voila! Clean toilet!
49. DANDRUFF BE GONE! :: Put 2-3 drops of Melaleuca in your shampoo or massage into your scalp to help prevent scalp itch.
50. FUGUS KILLER :: Massage 2 drops of Melaleuca and fractionated coconut oil into your toenail beds to help with toe fungus.
51. YOGA MAT CLEANER :: Add 5-10 drops of Melaleuca and 5-10 drops of Lavender to a spray bottle with water and use to clean your yoga mat after practice.
52. BYE BYE RAZOR BURN :: Apply after shaving to prevent skin irritation. Consider adding Lavender and Frankincense for added benefit.
53. SMELLY CLOTHES REFRESHER :: Add Melaleuca to your laundry detergent or soak smelly clothes in water with 3-5 drops of Melaleuca to get rid of unwanted smells in your clothes.
54. DIAPER RASH REMEDY :: Mix a tablespoon of fractionated coconut oil with 2 drops of Melaleuca, Frankincense, and Lavender to help with baby bottom rash.
55. FIRST AID OIL :: Take Melaleuca with you on any hiking or adventure trips to apply to any cuts or scrapes. Tea Tree Oil acts as a "first aid oil" to help prevent infection.
56. BOOST YOUR IMMUNITY :: Apply Melaleuca to the bottoms of your feet as a morning routine to boost your immune system.
57. CHEMICAL-FREE CLEANING :: Add 10-20 drops of Melaleuca to a spray bottle with 1 part vinegar to 3 parts water and use as a multipurpose cleaner. Add OnGuard for added cleaning strength and benefit.
58. YEAST INFECTION HELP :: Ladies can soak a tampon in fractionated coconut oil with 3-4 drops of Melaleuca and insert to help kill yeast.
59. CALM NERVOUS SYSTEM :: Frankincense is a favorite oil for calming the nervous system. In our fast paced world, we are constantly in a state of "fight or flight" and very rarely "rest + digest", which causes unnecessary stress on our systems. Simply inhale Frankincense to calm the nerves.
60. SKIN BEAUTIFIER :: Frankincense has been used for centuries to help combat the aging process. Add a few drops to your moisturizer, preferably a natural fatty oil like argan oil, and rub on your skin each night.
61. MEDITATION FAVORITE :: Frankincense is a favorite of the yogis to diffuse during meditation or when one would like to connect deeper spiritually.
62. CALMING MOOD LIFTER :: Although Frankincense comes from a tree and has wonderful grounding effects on the mood, it is also a calming uplifter for the spirit. Diffuse or rub a few drops in your palms and inhale.
63. NAIL STRENGTHENER :: Apply 2-3 drops of Frankincense to your nail beds to help strengthen and moisturize your nails, especially during the winter months.
64. OVERALL HEALTH :: When you're unsure about which oil to use, try Frankincense! It is a gentle oil that has been used for many centuries to help boost overall health and wellbeing. Add a drop to herbal tea with honey to help calm stress and boost health before bed.
65. HEALTHY CELLS :: Frankincense is an important component of the Cellular Complex for a reason! It helps promote cellular proliferation and turnover. Take a few drops in a veggie capsule for healthy, happy cells.
66. MUSCLE + JOINT DISCOMFORT :: Rub Frankincense and fractionated coconut oil into sore muscles and joints for soothing comfort. Add Lemongrass, Deep Blue, or Lavender for added benefits.
67. BATH SOAK :: Add a few drops of Frankincense to your bath for a powerful calming effect on the mood.
68. FOCUS :: Rub a couple drops of Frankincense into your temples and at the base of your head when you're working on a deadline or need focused support.
69. HEAD TENSION :: Put 2-3 drops of Frankincense on the crown of your head, a drop of OnGuard on the roof of your mouth, drink a full glass of water with one drop of Peppermint, and rub Peppermint on your temples (away from your eyes) for head tension relief.
70. FLAVOR :: Use Oregano in your favorite Italian dishes to add flavor. Be aware though! A little goes a long way! You usually don't even need a full drop of Oregano. TIP: Dip a toothpick in the bottle and stir it around in the olive oil or dressing you use to cook with. You can always add more, but you can't take away!
71. IMMUNE SYSTEM BOOST :: When you start to feel crappy and just know there's a sickness coming on, rub Oregano into the bottoms of your feet and take 3-4 drops internally in a veggie capsule. It is not recommended to drink Oregano in your water because it has a very spicy, hot effect.
72. OPEN SINUSES :: When your sinus cavities are clogged and Breathe just isn't doing the trick, boil water and add 1-2 drops of Oregano oil. Breathe in the steam and allow the Oregano to do its job of clearing your respiratory system.
73. DIGESTIVE + URINARY TRACT ISSUES :: Cranberry juice can help, but when you need help with cleansing the urinary tract or digestive system, Oregano taken internally in a veggie capsule works really well. Add 3-4 drops to a veggie capsule and take 3x/day for no more than 10 days.
74. TOPICAL OINTMENT :: For unsightly skin bumps on your hands, put a drop of Oregano on it a few times per day and watch it begin to fade away.
75. LESS IS MORE! :: Oregano is a super potent oil and a little goes a long way. Always be sure to dilute this oil when using on the skin and wash your hands thoroughly immediately after touching it.
76. CLEAR TOES :: Get ready for sandal season by rubbing a drop of Oregano into your toe nail beds to help clear away any unwanted fungus or impurities.
ONGUARD PROTECTIVE BLEND
77. NATURAL HOME CLEANING :: OnGuard is your go-to oil for all things cleaning! Simply add 10-20 drops in a spray bottle with one part vinegar to 3 parts water and you have a natural, safe all-purpose cleaning spray for every surface of your house. The oils in OnGuard also help fight off environmental threats while keeping your home clean. Win-win!
78. ORAL CARE :: Clove is a key component of this blend and has been used for centuries as a natural numbing agent and in oral health. The OnGuard toothpaste and/or swishing OnGuard with a shot glass of water makes for healthier gums and teeth. OnGuard can also help aid in tooth pain.
79. SCRATCHY THROAT :: Feel a sore throat coming on? Gargle with warm water, sea salt, and 3-4 drops of OnGuard. Add 1-3 drops of Lemon for added benefit.
80. CLEAN THE AIR :: Diffuse OnGuard in your home or work environment to clean and purify the air. The Clove in this blend makes it a diffuser favorite in the fall and during the holidays.
81. IMMUNE SYSTEM BOOST :: Massage a few drops of OnGuard into the soles of your feet, along the spine, or take 5 drops internally in a veggie capsule everyday for immune system support.
82. HEAD TENSION RELIEF :: Put a drop of OnGuard on the roof of your mouth when you feel head tension coming on. For added relief, drink a full glass of water with 1 drop of Peppermint, massage Peppermint into your temples, and massage a few drops of Frankincense into the crown of your head. Rub Lavender into your ear lobes.
83. BATH TUB CLEANER :: Add 5-10 drops of OnGuard and Lemon to a Cup of baking soda and water until it makes a paste. Use a bathtub brush to dip into the mixture and use to scrub your bathtub. This is a wonderful alternative to chemical tub cleaners because who wants to take a bath in chemicals?
84. PROTECTIVE MOUTH RINSE :: Add 1-2 drops of OnGuard to a shot glass of water and use as an all natural mouth rinse without the harsh ingredients that can leave a chemical burn on your gums.
85. CLEAN GYM EQUIPMENT :: Instead of using harmful cleaning wipes to wipe down gym equipment, use an OnGuard spray or soak a roll of paper towels in water with 10-20 drops of OnGuard. Store the soaked paper towels in an empty wet tipe container.
86. TRAVEL MUST :: OnGuard is a travel MUST. Rub OnGuard into the soles of your feet and take 3-5 drops internally in a veggie capsule (or try the OnGuard Beadlets) when flying or traveling.
DIGESTZEN DIGESTIVE BLEND
87. SOOTHE STOMACH UPSET :: DigestZen is made up of a blend of oils that help naturally calm any type of stomach upset, including Ginger, Fennel, and Peppermint.
88. COMFORT AFTER A BIG MEAL :: Take 10 drops of DigestZen in a veggie capsule after a heavy meal to help digest your food and prevent any side effects from greasy, heavy food.
89. LACTOSE INTOLERANCE :: Eat too much dairy? Lactose, the sugar found in dairy, can be hard on many peoples' digestive systems. Take 10-12 drops of DigestZen in a veggie capsule after you feel you've had a little too much dairy for your system.
90. HOLIDAY HELP :: The holidays are hectic and can cause us to get out of our normal eating routine and good habits. If the heavier holiday treats are upsetting your tummy, rub a few drops on your belly or take 10-12 drops in a veggie capsule internally.
100. CALM BUTTERFLIES :: Taking 5-10 drops of DigestZen in a veggie capsule can help calm nerves and butterflies.
101. FOOD POISONING :: Did you order the wrong dish at that fancy (or not so fancy) restaurant and now regretting it BIG TIME? Take 12 drops of DigestZen and drink plenty of water with a drop of Peppermint in it to flush it out of your system.
102. MOTION SICKNESS :: If you know you're going to be traveling by boat, bus, or train and don't want to risk getting motion or sea sickness, be sure to take your bottle of DigestZen with you. Rub a few drops on your belly or take 10-12 drops internally in an empty veggie capsule.
DEEP BLUE SOOTHING BLEND
103. THE ATHLETE'S OIL :: This blend is a MUST for all active people. Massage Deep Blue into sore muscles and joints to help ease the discomfort away and recover faster.
104. THE MASSAGE THERAPIST'S OIL :: Also a MUST for massage therapists. Use topically on your clients during massage and put a drop in the head rest so they can inhale the Peppermint from the Deep Blue to keep their airways open while they have their head down.
105. SORE/STIFF MUSCLES + JOINTS :: If you suffer from any type of muscle or joint discomfort related to an injury, surgery, or illness, Deep Blue will help ease some of the discomfort for you. Massage the oil into any painful areas to help melt tension.
106. HEAD TENSION :: Massage a few drops of Deep Blue into your temples, scalp, and the back of your neck when you've had a long day or feel tension building in your head, neck, or shoulders.
107. SOOTHING BATH TIME :: Put 5 drops of Deep Blue in your bath to help calm the senses and ease muscle tension. Add 5 - 10 drops of Lavender and Epsom salts to your bath for added benefit.
108. TENNIS ELBOW :: Rub 3-5 drops of Deep Blue into your sore elbows after playing tennis to help with tennis elbow discomfort.